I am lucky enough to work with the cub scouts in my church and the boys I work with LOVE treats! I try and have some sort of treat every week and I knew they would love this Candy Cane Chex Mix. It was a huge success and I am officially the coolest leader ever…. so they say… until next week when I make them do something they really don’t want to do!
Serves: 8 people
Candy Cane Muddy Buddies Recipe
Candy Cane Chex Mix is easy to make and SUPER addicting in the best way!
- 5 cups rice chex cereal
- 10 ounces Candy Cane Hershey Kisses melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup crushed candy canes (optional)
- Add the powdered sugar to a plastic bag.
- Put the Chex cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses in the microwave for 45 seconds and stir. Microwave another 30 seconds or until it is all the way melted. Stir until smooth
- Pour the melted Candy Cane Hershey Kisses over the Chex cereal and mix until the cereal is well coated. Add the cereal to the plastic bag with the powdered sugar mixture and shake until the cereal is completely covered.
- Then add the crushed Candy Cane pieces to the bag and shake to coat the muddy buddies.
( My kids don't like candy canes very much so I only put crushed candy canes on half the batch. It still tasted amazing without the candy cane pieces!)
Calories: 343 kcal · Carbohydrates: 64 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 10 g · Saturated Fat: 6 g · Cholesterol: 9 mg · Sodium: 181 mg · Potassium: 28 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 46 g · Vitamin A: 313 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 130 mg · Iron: 6 mg
- paper or plastic bag
From What’s Cooking Love
Questions & Reviews