how to make home run baseball cupcakes:
- First, I made regular cupcakes. I was just going to follow the directions on the back of a cake mix for my cupcakes, but then I saw this secret for making perfect cupcakes, so I gave it a whirl! The cupcakes turned out moist and delicious.
- The kit comes with two different kinds of cupcake papers, which added so much to my simple cupcakes anyway! But I decided to take it a step further and decorate these cupcakes with a fun baseball theme.
- I whipped up a batch of our Perfect Buttercream Frosting and split it in half.
- I left half of the frosting white and then added green food coloring to the other half. I then frosted half of the cupcakes green and topped with them green tinted coconut (Here is a tutorial on how to tint coconut if you want to do it! It really is easy!) to give it a “grassy baseball field” look.
- Next, I popped in one of the toppers- a cute little baseball- and Ta-Da! Baseball #1 cupcake complete.
- For the second baseball cupcake, I took a small amount of the white frosting I had left and put it in a bowl, then mixed it with red food coloring until I got the red color I wanted.
- I put that red frosting in a small Ziploc bag and snipped off a tiny corner (you could also use a fancy decorating tip, but I hate cleaning those bags and tips out! I prefer a ziploc bag for simple things like this).
- I frosted the remaining cupcakes with the white frosting and then using my red frosting in my bag, I piped on the red baseball stitching. Quick, easy, and it turned out pretty cute.
- So if you need to celebrate a little baseball player in your life, this is the perfect way to do it- a simple cupcake recipe and a cute baseball cupcake kit.
watch how to make another delicious cake recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chili’s Molten Lava Cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more cake recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Home Run Baseball Cupcakes Recipe (and a cake mix secret!)
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor will work)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter melted, (not margarine)
- 1 cup water
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add cake mix (do not add the ingredients as called for on the box!), eggs, and water to the butter in a large bowl.
- Mix on low for one minute, then on high for one minute. The batter will be thick and creamy (instead of runny).
- Scoop batter into cupcake papers (I used an ice cream scoop- you want them to be about 2/3 full). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool and then frost.
- See post for decorating instructions
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Baking Tin
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!