I LOVE using my slow cooker, especially when I can dump a few ingredients into it in the morning and let them slowly cook all day long.
Using my slow cooker to make perfect shredded meat for sandwiches is one of my favorites and this recipe has quickly become a staple in our family!
If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful sandwich, look no further! These Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Beef Sandwiches rank right up there with our most popular Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches (which is saying a lot!).
The story behind the sandwich
After a recent cookbook signing, my sisters and I ate at the cutest little restaurant called Blue Lemon. They have the most amazing sandwiches and I ordered their Pineapple BBQ sandwich.
It was so delicious and the whole time I was eating it, I just kept thinking that I would have to come home and try to make it for my family. The beef just melted in your mouth and the toasted bun was the perfect compliment.
After lots of experimenting, I think that I have come pretty dang close to a copycat recipe. The longer you let it cook, the better it becomes.
The meat had a really yummy flavor and the pineapple adds just a tiny amount of sweetness. So, if you want to mix up your shredded beef sandwiches, give this recipe a try!
Perfect for a crowd
Whenever I am in charge of food for a party, I love making slow cooker sandwiches. It makes food prep a breeze (dump it in the crock pot and turn it on) and the meat is always so tender and juicy.
If you need to feed the masses, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. You may need to split it between 2 crock pots to make sure that it all fits.
Tips for making the best Slow Cooker Sandwich:
- before adding your food to the slow cooker, spray the inside of it with non-stick cooking spray – it will make clean-up so much easier!
- a fattier cut of meat will keep the meat from drying out while it cooks (bonus: usually the fattier cuts of meat are less expensive)
- if you are going to sear the meat before putting it in the slow cooker, don’t season the meat until after you sear it – searing it before will burn the seasonings
- don’t add so much liquid – you would be surprised how much liquid will be released from the meat as it cooks
- toasting your buns takes these sandwiches over the top – you can also butter your buns before you toast them to make them even better!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes (just like this one! It’s included in the book!) and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order.
Looking for more Slow Cooker Sandwiches? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Easy French Dip Sandwiches
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Check out these other ideas for recipes to make in the slow cooker!