This copycat Chipotle chicken recipe in the Instant Pot is becoming our favorite Instant Pot chicken recipe. Now, when you get that craving to have your favorite meal from Chipotle, you can make it at home!
What I love about copycat recipes is that you can eat exactly what you like at a fraction of the cost. With this chipotle copycat recipe you can make a whole dinner for the family for the price of one entree at the restaurant.
Plus, everyone will love this Instant Pot copycat chipotle recipe. The flavor is unmatched, it is super simple to make, and makes for delicious leftovers.
To learn how to make more of your favorite recipes, give our copycat recipes a look! A few of my favorites are slow cooker Chipotle’s Instant Pot barbacoa beef recipe, Chili’s copycat cajun chicken pasta, and Winger’s Sticky Fingers Copycat recipe.
Ingredients You Need to For Our Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe in the Instant Pot:
- Chicken broth
- Red onion
- Minced garlic
- Chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- Adobo sauce (from the can of chipotles)
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Ground oregano
- Ground black pepper
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
How To Make Our Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe in the Instant Pot:
When you are ready to start, get out your Instant Pot and mix together the chicken broth, red onion, minced garlic, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper to make the sauce.
Then, place the chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot, making sure that the chicken is fully covered in the chipotle sauce.
Once the chicken is in the Instant Pot, place the lid on and lock it into place.
Then turn the valve to the sealing position and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer to 15 minutes if the chicken is raw or 22 minutes if the chicken is frozen.
After the timer is done, move the valve to the VENTING position and allow the Instant Pot to do a quick release of the pressure.
Next remove the chicken from the Instant Pot (leaving the sauce in the pot) and place it on a cutting board to either slice or shredd the chicken based on your preference.
Now your chicken is ready to be made into your favorite tacos, burritos, salad, or a burrito bowl!
To create a bowl with this chicken, place the rice on the bottom of the bowl and then layer the cooked chicken, pinto or black beans, guacamole, corn, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese and then enjoy!
To Make This Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken with Chipotles in Adobo Sauce You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS one works perfectly!)
- Cutting board
- Forks (2)
How To Make Your Own Adobo Sauce
Adobo is one of the major players in this dish that gives some of the amazing flavor for this chipotle chicken recipe. For this recipe we use the adobo sauce from the can, but you can make your own too!
Kevin is Cooking provides a great recipe for how to make adobo sauce that you can use in some of your other favorite mexican dishes to bring the flavor to the next level.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Side Dishes to Serve with Chipotle Chicken:
- Easy Texas Pinto Beans Recipe
- Copycat Disneyland Chili Lime Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso Recipe
- 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe in the Instant Pot
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 small red onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce (leave the pepper whole)
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can of chipotles)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In the bottom of the Instant Pot pot, mix together chicken broth, onion, garlic, pepper, adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot and make sure that the chicken is mostly covered by the sauce.
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot and turn valve to SEALING. Press MANUAL button (or PRESSURE COOK button) and set timer to 15 minutes (22 minutes if chicken is frozen).
- When chicken is finished cooking, move valve to VENTING and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a plate or cutting board (leaving liquid in the pot).Shred or slice the chicken.
- You can use the chicken in tacos, burritos, on top of salads, or even in a bowl.
- To assemble your own bowl, place rice in the bottom of the bowl. Top with cooked chicken, pinto or black beans, guacamole, corn, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese.
- Adobo is one of the major players in this dish that gives some of the amazing flavor for this chipotle chicken recipe. For this recipe we use the adobo sauce from the can, but you can make your own too!
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- 2 Forks
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.