On our last trip to Kauai, my husband and I finally tried some macadamia nut pancakes – and I DON’T KNOW WHY WE WAITED SO LONG.
I have never had such an amazing pancake in my life. The sauce that they generously put on top, drips through all the pancakes, and leaves every bite tasting absolutely amazing.
It makes me salivate, just thinking about them. They are so delicious. I couldn’t live my life, knowing I may never have one again so I decided I was going to create a recipe, just like it.
I’ve been craving them since the minute we got back to the mainland, so I finally threw these together.
They did not disappoint. All that’s missing are the sandy beaches and breathtaking views.
If you like macadamia nuts, you are going to LOVE these.
tips for making macadamia nut pancakes
- Heating your griddle to the correct temperature is crucial. If it’s too hot, the outsides will burn and the middle will be dry.
If the pan or griddle is too cold, the pancakes won’t cook evenly.
The secret temperature is 350 degrees F., when it comes to pancakes. You should also wait for the griddle to be heated, before adding your batter.
If you try to cook it, before it reaches it’s correct temperature, you are going to ruin the fluffy texture of the pancake. Temperature is everything when it comes to baking pancakes.
- Spray your griddle with non stick cooking spray, just to help ensure your pancake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Watch your pancakes as you are cooking them. Make sure that the pancakes are golden brown when flipping.You don’t want to overcook or under cook them, and cook time varies depending on the size of the pancake.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT SYRUP
Step 1: In a saucepan (over no heat – We recommend using a new pan for this syrup), whisk together coconut milk and cornstarch until smooth
Step 2: Turn the heat to medium, then slowly whisk in sugar, salt, corn syrup, and shredded coconut. Stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken (almost boiling).
Step 3: Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut flavoring. The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools
watch how to make another pancake reicpe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of delicious and easy recipes, your family is going to love.
Watch how to make our favorite Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes, here:
looking for more breakfast favorites?
Macadamia Nut Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk 1 can
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon coconut flavoring
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter, and eggs. Add wet mix to dry mix and stir until just combined. Fold in macadamia nuts.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium heat (approx. 350 degrees F).
- Spray griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter onto griddle or skillet using a 1/2 cup measuring cup and spread into a circle.
- Cook pancakes for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan (over no heat), whisk together coconut milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium, then slowly whisk in sugar, salt, corn syrup, and shredded coconut. Stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken (almost boiling).
- Large Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Syrup recipe adapted from: All Recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!