Calling all pancake lovers, these Banana Oat Pancakes are a healthier option for breakfast. They are bursting with flavor and so fluffy.
If you love a good banana bread, you’ll definitely love these pancakes. It’s like a treat for breakfast, and yet healthy.
Your kids will have no idea that they are healthy. They have all the sweetness and taste of other pancakes. We love the combo of banana and oats together.
You would be surprised of the simple ingredients needed to make this delicious breakfast. You probably have everything on hand already.
Do ripe bananas work best?
We like to use ripe bananas for these pancakes. They have a sweeter taste because the starches breakdown as bananas ripen.
Ripe bananas are easier to mash. This helps reduce the big lumps in your pancake batter. We do like a few small ones. But if your bananas aren’t ripe, it will be harder to mash.
Can you add in other ingredients to these pancakes?
We wanted to keep these pancakes simple and healthy, so we added in the best ingredients to get the most amazing taste. We have some favorite ingredients we like to add into our pancakes.
Add-ins will work great with these Banana Oat Pancakes. Here are a few you may want to try.
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts
- Splash of Orange Juice
How to make Banana Oat Pancakes
You’ll love the simplicity of these pancakes. We often have them for dinner too. They are that GOOD.
Here are the simple ingredients needed to make banana oat pancakes.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Heat griddle to about 370 degrees. Lightly grease griddle with non stick cooking spray
- Pour batter onto griddle using a 1/3 cup measure. Smooth batter around so it’s evenly distributed.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until you see a few bubbles. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Related recipe: LOVE a hot, tasty breakfast in the mornings? Try our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
- Garnish with walnuts, banana slices and low calorie syrup of your choice.
Items needed for this recipe
- Mixing Bowl Set – A great set of glass mixing bowls with airtight lids.
- Banana/Potato Masher – A favorite masher when mashing bananas and potatoes.
- Griddle – A big 22 inch griddle for cooking the perfect breakfast.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our delicious pancake recipes
- Macadamia Nut Pancakes
- German Pancakes
- Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Funfetti Birthday Pancakes
Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 2 bananas ripe
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash bananas in a large bowl until mostly smooth.
- Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Heat pancake griddle to 370 degrees and lightly grease with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto griddle using a 1/3 cup measure.
- Smooth batter around so it's evenly distributed.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until you see a few bubbles appear.
- Flip pancakes over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with banana slices, walnuts, and low calorie maple syrup (or syrup of your choice).
- Large Bowl
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.