I never cared for asparagus growing up, but now it is one of my favorite vegetables. I love how versatile asparagus is and that it can be grilled, roasted, sautéed, or blanched.
Whichever way you cook it, asparagus is a great side dish to just about any dinner.
My favorite way to prepare asparagus is to roast it because it only takes a few minutes of prep and you have perfectly tender asparagus ready in 20 minutes or less.
how to make Parmesan roasted asparagus:
This Parmesan Crusted Asparagus is so easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients.
Step 1. Start by washing the asparagus. I just rinse my asparagus under cool water until they are all clean.
You could also let asparagus soak in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes to loosen any dirt or soil trapped in tip of the asparagus then just lift it out of the water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Step 2. Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. The bottom end of asparagus is really tough, so you want to remove where the asparagus is white, which is usually the bottom inch. You can cut the ends off with a knife or snap them off with your fingers.
Step 3: Generously spray the top of the asparagus with nonstick cooking spray.
This is what my asparagus looked like after I sprayed it. You want it to have enough cooking spray on it for the crumb topping and cheese to stick.
If you don’t like the idea of using cooking spray, you could also use olive oil.
Step 4. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Step 5. Place garlic croutons in a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs.
You could also place them in a food processor and blend until they reach the desired coarseness.
Step 6. Sprinkle the crouton crumbs on top and spray one last time with nonstick cooking spray. This last spray will help the cheese and crumb mixture get nice and toasted.
Step 7. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes, or until crumb topping is golden brown and asparagus can be easily pierced with a fork.
Get a weekly menu plan sent to your inbox!
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
The best asparagus recipes:
- Easy Roasted Ranch Asparagus
- Parmesan Lemon Asparagus
- Easy Broiled Asparagus
- Asparagus with Maple Mustard Glaze
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the rough ends off the asparagus and place in prepared pan.
- Generously spray nonstick cooking spray on top of asparagus.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in an even layer on top of asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place croutons in a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin until fine crumbs form or place in a food processor.
- Sprinkle crouton crumbs on top of asparagus and spray again with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crumb topping is golden brown and asparagus can be easily pierced with a fork.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Ziploc Bag
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you love asparagus as much as we do, be sure to our Balsamic Roasted Asparagus. It is easy to make and so flavorful. Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make: