Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet comes together in a matter of minutes and tastes just like enchiladas with a fraction of the work.
My family loved it and I know yours will too!
Looking for more skillet recipes?
Ingredients needed for Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet:
- 8 (6-8″) corn tortillas, cut into bite-size strips
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), undrained
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
How to make Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet:
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on stove over medium high heat.
- Add tortillas, chicken, onion, and garlic to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes (or until onion is tender and translucent), stirring frequently.
- In a medium bowl, mix Rotel, enchilada sauce, black beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over chicken in skillet and mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top, cover with lid, and let cook for 5 minutes- stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese and serve, topped with your favorite enchilada toppings (cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc).