I love the dishes that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and this is one you are going to want to make again and again.
It’s loaded with fresh vegetables and the flavor makes this a dish your whole family will love.
Be sure to check out more of our favorite skillet recipes:
- Skillet Ranch Chicken
- Ground Turkey Mexican Vegetable Skillet
- Teriyaki Beef Skillet
- Zucchini Tuscan Skillet
- Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken
Ingredients needed for Chicken Pesto and Asparagus Skillet:
- olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken tenders (sliced into strips)
- Salt and pepper
- sun-dried tomatoes
- broccoli florets
- pre-made basil pesto
- cherry tomatoes
If you wanted to, you could make your own basil pesto. CLICK HERE for one of our favorite recipes.
How to make Chicken Pesto and Asparagus Skillet:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken tenders and season with salt and pepper. Add in sun-dried tomatoes and cook until chicken is heated through (about 7-10 minutes). Remove chicken and tomatoes from skillet, set aside.
- Add asparagus and broccoli to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Add chicken and tomatoes back to skillet and add in pesto, continuing to cook over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Add in cherry tomatoes and cooked vegetables and lightly mix until everything is coated with pesto.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Tips for making Chicken Pesto and Asparagus Skillet:
You can also switch out the asparagus and broccoli when it comes to making this dish.
You could easily do carrots and zucchini, or any other veggie favorites, as well.