How to make chicken enchilada pasta
- Boil pasta according to package directions. While it’s cooking, chop onions and red pepper – that’s probably the most time-consuming part of this whole recipe!
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken (this is a great recipe for using shredded rotisserie chicken), green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Add the sour cream, but DO NOT bring to a boil! Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle. Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve and garnish with your favorite toppings (these are our favorite pasta bowls). We love avocado, chopped olives, chopped cilantro, tomato, diced green onions, or a dollop of sour cream.
what could i replace the sour cream with?
You can’t really taste the sour cream in this recipe, but if you want to replace it, we would recommend using plain Greek yogurt. It is full of protein and fat free.
If you don’t want to use greek yogurt, you could also use buttermilk or heavy cream.
What to serve with enchilada pasta
This pasta tastes really great with a fresh green salad or a few of our other Mexican-inspired dishes.
Our New Cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
If you love our enchilada pasta, you’ll love this One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo!