I love skillet recipes like this Tex-Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet Recipe because I can make the whole meal in one pan (easy clean-up is a bonus), it comes together in a matter of minutes, and it’s so easy to throw in extra vegetables or other healthy ingredients that my family needs.
When it comes to making dinner for my family, I am looking for these three things:
3. Mostly healthy
This recipe has quickly become a family favorite and because all the ingredients are items that I usually have on-hand, making it perfect to throw together when I am in a pinch.
What Other Vegetables Should I add to Tex-Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet?
I love adding in vegetables that I have on hand.
This recipe is so versatile that you could really add any of your favorite veggies. It’s also a great way to introduce new vegetables to your kids.
Here is a few other vegetable additions that would taste amazing in this recipe:
You could really throw in any vegetable you love, and it would taste amazing. You could also take out any that you don’t love.
My husband also like this recipe with ground chicken. Really any lean meat would work. I have tried this with ground beef, and it just makes it a little heavier. We recommend lighter meats, like ground turkey or chicken.
Looking for more Tex Mex recipes? Try our Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken Soup!
“I have so much time!” -No mom ever
Check out our Restaurant Copycat Book!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for a delicious side dish? Check out our YouTube Channel!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
I love simple side dishes, especially when they are delicious and full of flavor. This Mexican Street Corn Salad, is exactly that.
Looking for more healthy recipes like our Tex-Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet? Here are a few of our favorites!
- Healthy Hummus Wrap
- Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Italian Fresh Green Salad
- Simple Crab Soup
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Coconut Crusted Tilapia
Tex-Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet
- 1 ½ cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 ounce pinto beans undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 10 ½ ounces diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 15 ounces corn drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While the rice cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the ground turkey, onion, and garlic and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the rice, beans, beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt, cumin, and ground pepper. Let cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to let the flavors really come together.
- Top with shredded cheese and let cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings – tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Large Skillet