We can’t resist a good carrot cake that is topped with delicious cream cheese frosting! This cake is so moist and flavorful – everyone will ask you for the recipe.
Ingredients in Our Carrot Cake
Obviously the carrots are the star of the show in this cake!
We kick this cake up a notch by loading it with crushed pineapple, shredded coconut, raisins, and walnuts.
Don’t let all of the ingredients scare you – they add so much flavor and make the cake so moist that you will never go back to your old carrot cake recipe again!
How to grate carrots
No one likes crunchy carrots in their carrot cake, so you want to make sure you grate your carrots very finely! Here’s how:
- Scrub the outside of the carrots
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer layer of the carrot
- Cut off the tops of the carrots
- Using the finest holes on a cheese grater, carefully shred the carrots
For this recipe, you will need 2 cups of shredded (grated) carrots, which is about 2 large carrots.
Shortcuts for the cake
We found that the shredded carrots in the produce department at your grocery store work great in this carrot cake recipe.
How to Make The Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting
After tweaking this recipe many times, we think we have perfected our frosting! It’s smooth and creamy and pairs perfectly with this cake!
To make this frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, cream room temperature cream cheese and butter together.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix for a few seconds.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time and mixing between each time you add more.
Other carrot cake recipes
Can you make this cake into cupcakes?
Yes! You can really convert any cake into cupcakes.
When it comes to temperature, the larger the cake the lower the temperature. To make these into cupcakes, increase your temperature about 25 degrees higher than what the recipe says.
When baking these as cupcakes, bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. This will allow your cupcakes to get a nice crust on the top, and a moist center.
Looking for more delicious recipes that are tried-and-tested?
You will love our newest cookbook: Copycat Cooking! We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other delicious cake recipes:
- Grandma’s Chocolate Cake Roll
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake
- Hawaiian Pineapple Pudding Cake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Easy Black Forest Cake
- Sheet Cake Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cups chopped walnuts optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter (softened to room temperature, do not melt)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl cream together oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Then add remaining cake ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. (I used a glass pan)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting the cake.
- After the cake has cooled, mix the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over cake.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?