Growing up, we made these bird nest treats every year for Easter. Now that I have children of my own, it is one of my favorite Easter traditions.
My kids loved helping me make these treats and putting their own little chocolate eggs on each one of them. These are the perfect treat for your Easter celebrations.
They are so simple to make, and the perfect recipe for the kids to help out with. They require only a few simple ingredients that you are going to love. They come together in a matter of minutes and are perfect for the spring season.
what could i use in place of the cadbury eggs?
I don’t know if I even want to give an answer to this question, because I don’t think there is a better candy out there, than Cadbury eggs. The chocolate is just so creamy, and the crunch of the shell adds the perfect element to the candy. It’s just delicious.
But, I get (sort of) that Cadbury eggs aren’t everyone’s favorite. But there is an easy fix to that.
Here are a few other candies that would still taste delicious in these nests:
- Whopper Eggs
- Jelly Beans (we like the Starburst or Sweet Tart Jelly Beans)
- Peanut Butter M & M’s (or really any M & M)
- Tootsie Roll Eggs (these can be tricky to find, but they do compete with my Cadbury eggs, they are that good)
- Any Easter candy you can’t get enough of. You can really put in any candy. It’s cute when they are egg shaped, but really any candy would be delicious in these.
watch how to make another delicious spring dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
Our Pineapple Dole Whips are one of our most popular recipes on this site. It’s not hard to tell why. It is the perfect creamy dessert, you are sure to love.
looking for more easter desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
Butterscotch Bird Nest Treats (with Chow Mein Noodles)
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles
- 36 cadbury mini eggs
- Put the butterscotch and white chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals. Stop cooking when it is smooth.
- Once the chips are melted, stir chips until smooth and gently fold in the chow mein noodles.
- On a piece of wax paper, take a small scoop of the chow mein noodle mixture and form a small nest with your hands.
- Place the eggs on top.
- Let set up and serve.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!