We have a confession…..we can go through bags of mini Cadbury eggs like they are going out of style!! They have a creamy chocolate center with the delicious candy coating.
We paired them up with a buttery thumbprint cookie and a dollop of chocolate frosting. You are going to love these cookies for your Easter celebration!
Related recipe: Want more Cadbury Egg recipes? Try our No-Bake Chocolate Bird Nest Cookies!
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 24 milk chocolate mini Cadbury eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly press thumb into the top of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl in microwave.
- Then add in cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. (If frosting is too runny add more powdered sugar, if it's too thick add a little more hot water.)
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Looking for another fun Easter recipe? Try these Easy Easter Sugar Cookies!