We celebrate the holidays with thumbprint cookies. These Cadbury Egg Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for Easter or all year round.
We have a confession…..we can go through bags of mini Cadbury eggs like they are going out of style!! They have a creamy chocolate center with the delicious candy coating.
We paired them up with a buttery thumbprint cookie and a dollop of chocolate frosting. You are going to love these cookies for your Easter celebration!
Related Recipe: Try our New 5 Ingredients Peanut Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies!
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies:
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
How to make Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
Add in flour, baking powder, and salt until blended.
Roll dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-11 minutes.
Remove from oven and quickly press thumb into the top of each cookie.
Remove from baking sheet and cool completely.
Melt butter in small mixing bowl in microwave.
Then add in cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, and hot water.
Mix until smooth and creamy.
Spoon chocolate frosting into each thumbprint and top with a mini Cadbury egg.
Here are more delicious and fun recipes for Easter:
- Bite Size Carrot Cakes
- Homemade Reese’s Eggs
- No Bake Chocolate Bird Egg Nest Cookies
- Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
- Easter Bunny Muddy Buddies
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 28 milk chocolate mini Cadbury eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly press thumb into the top of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl in microwave.
- Then add in cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. (If frosting is too runny add more powdered sugar, if it's too thick add a little more hot water.)
- You can use salted or unsalted butter in the recipe.
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Looking for another fun Easter recipe? Try these Easy Easter Sugar Cookies!
Questions & Reviews