My husband loves our Buffalo Chicken Bake. This time, I decided to make him a dish that was specifically dedicated to buffalo sauce, and created these delicious Buffalo Chicken Bites.
When we go out to eat, my husband will usually get some type of a wing dish, with buffalo sauce of course. But the wings are usually 50% bone, 20% fat, and leaves hime with 30% of edible chicken.
I decided to make my own buffalo chicken bites at home, and these were a home run. He loved them. But there is a trick to keeping them crunchy and not soggy, so read on to find out how.
Related Recipe: You’ll love this easy and delicious Winger’s Sticky Fingers Copycat recipe.
Tips on how to make Buffalo Chicken Bites:
Step 1: Cut your boneless, skinless, chicken breasts into bite size pieces. I usually try to buy thick chicken breasts so the bites are a little thicker.
But they will still taste delicious if they are thinner. You may need to cook them for a little less time if they are thinner, so they don’t overcook and end up dry.
Step 2: Make the sauce. The sauce is a simple mixture without any crazy ingredients, and full of flavor. The buffalo sauce is a little spicy, so I even like to add a tablespoon of honey to soften the spice.
I usually just add about 1 tablespoon to the mixture. We put a little honey on a lot of our other buffalo chicken recipes as well. One of our favorites is The Winger’s Sticky Chicken.
Step 3: The secret to this recipe, is to bake the chicken on a cooling rack, on top of a cookie sheet. The reason why?
The chicken will release juice as it bakes, but if there is a rack between it, the juice will drip down and the chicken will get crispy, rather than soggy. The flavor and texture will be that much better.
Bake the chicken, and add more sauce as desired.
Step 4: Serve warm, and dip in your favorite ranch.
In need for some side dish ideas to go with our Buffalo Bites?
Try our Parmesan Lemon Asparagus or whip up a side of our Best Fresh Spinach Dip, add some carrots, celery, olives and cucumbers and you’re set. I could seriously dip anything in this. It’s amazing.
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
Looking for more chicken inspired dinner ideas? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ranch Chicken
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Olive Garden Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into thick bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, or gallon zip lock bag, add the chicken breasts pieces, apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, and 1/4 cup honey.
- Mix until well combined and all the chicken is covered.
- Place the marinating chicken in the fridge for about 2-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet for best results, or just spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the olive oil, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- Dip each chicken piece into the mixture and place on the cooling rack. Do this until each chicken piece is covered on on the rack.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove from oven once done cooking and enjoy!
- We like to dip them in ranch or a little more buffalo sauce
- Try our Parmesan Lemon Asparagus or whip up a side of our Best Fresh Spinach Dip, add some carrots, celery, olives and cucumbers and you’re set. I could seriously dip anything in this. It’s amazing.
- Ziploc Bag
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews