Pigs in a Blanket aren’t just for kids, they make great little appetizers for adults, too! Learn how to make Pigs in a Blanket with just 2 ingredients! They’re super easy to prepare, and taste great!
Growing up my pigs-in-a-blanket experiences have been pretty limited. My Mom made these same pigs in a blanket for years.
It wasn’t until I got a little older that this is just the classic recipe. You can change it to your liking and spruce it up as much as you want.
Change the inside of the pigs in a blanket
I know that it is called pigs in a blanket for a reason, but sometimes I just don’t like the hot dog part! Here are some other options that you can put inside of your “blanket.”
- Little smokies
- Fried Chicken
Just be sure that whatever you put in the middle that it is fully cooked, or will cook all the way through when cooked with the “blanket” on.
Can I change other things in pigs in the blanket?
This is where it can get fun. You can add things from cheese to pepperonis. I even saw a recipe for Ruben Pigs in the Blanket (You can find it here.)
Growing up my Mom would use what she had on hand to make this fun classic treat. She would sometimes use crescent rolls, frozen dough or even pretzel dough if we had any left over.
There are SO many ways you can change up this recipe. But sometimes you just need the good old classic Pigs in a Blanket.
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
How to make Pigs in a blanket
Biscuit roll pigs in a blanket could not be easier to make! Just 2 ingredients and everyone absolutely loves these.
Open biscuit rolls and slice the roll into 1″ slices.
Unroll each slice and wrap around your small hot dog.
Place seam side down on a baking sheet at bake them.
If I have them, I love to use mini cocktail smokies that have cheese in them if you can find them. If not, I sometimes add a tiny bit of grated or processed cheese inside when I’m wrapping the dough.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Other Appetizers we love to make:
- FRESH COWBOY CAVIAR DIP RECIPE
- HOMETOWN HONEY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
- 2 INGREDIENT CHEESY QUESO DIP RECIPE
- MEXICAN TORTILLA WRAP ROLL-UPS RECIPE
- BAKED BLT DIP RECIPE
- HOLIDAY CHEESEBALL BITES RECIPE
Classic Pigs in a Blanket recipe
- 12 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough (8 count)
- 8 hot dogs cut into thirds
- ½ cup ketchup optional topping
- ¼ cup mustard optional topping
- ½ cup pickle relish optional topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a flat surface, flatten out each biscuit, shaping it into more of a square shape than a circle.
- With a pizza cutter, cut each biscuit into thirds.
- Place one hot dog piece at the end of a strip of dough, centered so that the ends of the hot dog hang outside the edges of dough.
- Roll downwards until all the dough is fully wrapped around the dog.
- Transfer the wrapped hot dog onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all hot dogs are wrapped.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, relish and all your favorite hot dog toppings.
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet
This post was included in our 10 EASY 3 Ingredient Dinner Ideas video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.