Our grandma is such a good cook and makes the most amazing ham!
This recipe is my version of her famous Brown Sugar Glazed Ham.
The glaze on this ham is so delicious and makes the ham have a delicious, crispy skin and juicy inside.
If you are looking for the perfect Easter or Christmas ham recipe, we highly recommend trying this one. It is phenomenal.
Join me in my kitchen to see how to make this recipe!
Do I put my glaze on at the beginning and let it cook?
For this recipe, we put on the glaze at the beginning, before the ham cooked, to allow the flavor of the glaze to cook into the ham.
To let the flavor settle a little more, we sliced the ham to really get the juices to sink in, and bake into the ham.
We didn’t have a problem with it burning to the bottom. Our ham had so much juice and glaze, that it created the perfect amount of juice to make a ham gravy. We have never had any problems with our ham burning.
If it does concern you, you can add the glaze for the last 30 minutes, of cooking, but it won’t have as rich of a brown sugar glaze flavor.
How to make ham gravy:
There is no other gravy, quite like ham gravy. I am obsessed with ham gravy and mashed potatoes. If you have never tried ham gravy, you need to because it is so easy to make.
Here is how to make it:
Once your ham is done, remove it and set it aside.
Make your gravy by mixing, the ham drippings (I will usually strain out all the fat or ham chunks that fell off as it cooked, if there are any, just to avoid lumps in my gravy), 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of milk or water.
- Whisk it until it is completely smooth and there are not lumps. I also like to let it come to a boil to thicken if it is thin.
I like to pour this gravy over my potatoes and ham.
Related Recipe: Our Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham is perfect for Easter or Christmas dinner and still leaves plenty of oven space for side dishes!
Watch how to make another ham recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
We love ham, and this recipe is incredibly easy to make. Watch how simple it is, here:
Looking for side dishes to serve with this ham? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Italian Red Potatoes
- Grandma’s 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
- 12 pound ham bone-in
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F for a convection oven or 350 degrees F for a standard oven and arrange rack to the bottom third of the oven.
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Brush the glaze onto the entire outside of the ham.
- Cook for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- roasting pan