I’ve been trying hard to add more protein to my diet. I LOVE beans and this Three Bean Salad is delicious!
Like many bean salads, it tastes better as it sits and is even better the next day once the dressing has soaked with the beans and veggies.
Fast Three Bean Salad Recipe
Three Bean Salad is delicious! Like many bean salads, it tastes better as it sits and is even better the next day.
- 14.5 ounces cut green beans
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste before serving
- 8 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Drain green beans and place in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and kidney beans and add them to the green beans.
- Then add in the red pepper, lettuce, parsley, and green onions. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
- Pour on dressing over salad and mix well. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper and adjust dressing to taste. Salad will taste even better the next day. Stores in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
You can substitute 1 cup of cooked fresh beans that have been cut into 1 inch pieces instead of canned beans in this recipe. You can also use Italian dressing instead of making your own and it tastes great too.
Calories: 283 kcal · Carbohydrates: 46 g · Protein: 14 g · Fat: 6 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 299 mg · Potassium: 750 mg · Fiber: 14 g · Sugar: 8 g · Vitamin A: 1674 IU · Vitamin C: 54 mg · Calcium: 76 mg · Iron: 8 mg
- Large Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow