With all the days spent at the pool this summer, we have made our fair share of snacks. These S’mores Muddy Buddies are one of our favorite treats to eat all summer long.
I have a strange obsession with Muddy Buddies. I honestly can’t get enough of them. They are just quick, simple, delicious, and only take a few minutes to make.
They are the perfect snack for a day at the pool, beach, movie night, game night, or just when you are in the mood for something sweet.
I also have a strange obsession with S’mores, so it was only fitting that I combine my two obsessions and make the most addicting snack food and dessert of all time.
Well, mission accomplished. I can’t keep my hands off these S’mores Muddy Buddies.
the best way to coat your muddy buddies:
I am a huge muddy buddy fan, and am frequently making them. I personally believe I have mastered the perfect muddy buddy coating (and I like mine very coated. The more flavor, the better).
I have found the best way to coat your muddy buddies, without making a mess, is to scoop them into a gallon ziplock bag (You may need to use two. I like to use two to better coat your muddy buddies and make sure each individual piece is covered).
I like to scoop a little powdered sugar into the gallon ziplock bag, then add some of the Chex cereal mixture with all the gooey good stuff on it, then add the rest of the powdered sugar.
I then zip up the bag, and shake it all up. It’s easier to separate and make sure each piece is covered, rather than trying to stir it all together in a bowl.
add some more chocolate to your snack:
I am a total chocolate fanatic. Sometimes, I after the muddy buddies are all coated, and I add in a few extra marshmallows, I also like to add in a few chocolate chips, or pieces of Hershey’s chocolate bar.
This is totally optional, but it just makes the mixture a little sweeter.
watch how to make another s’more dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This S’mores Pizza is the perfect summer treat (or really any time of year, because you make it in the oven). It’s so simple, and tastes better than a campfire s’more. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more s’more desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Gooey Golden Graham S’mores Treats
- S’mores Dessert Pizza
- S’mores Crepes from the Polynesian Cultural Center
- S’mores Magic Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
S’mores Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Add cereal to a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl, heat chocolate chips and butter for about 2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. Mix chocolate and butter until smooth and stir in marshmallow cream.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal. Gently combine chocolate mixture and cereal until cereal is evenly coated.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Pour cereal into the Ziploc bag and shake until all the cereal pieces are coated.
- Add marshmallows to the bag and shake together.
- Sometimes, I after the muddy buddies are all coated, and I add in a few extra marshmallows, I also like to add in a few chocolate chips, or pieces of Hershey’s chocolate bar.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Ziploc Bag
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!