There are lots of different versions of Ambrosia Salad, but this is the way that my mom made it when we were growing up.
This recipe is very similar to our Grandma’s 5 Cup Fruit Salad, but this one has the addition of maraschino cherries and Cool Whip.
Other additions that you could make to this Ambrosia salad:
- substitute vanilla yogurt for the sour cream
- substitute cream cheese for the sour cream
- substitute fruit-flavored marshmallows for the regular marshmallows
- add in chopped pecans or walnuts
- leave out the cherries
- add diced apples
- add sliced strawberries
- use homemade whipped cream in place of cool whip
This makes a perfect fruit side dish or even dessert!