As much as we love chocolate, this White Texas Sheet Cake may be our new go-to homemade cake recipe!
Traditional Texas Sheet Cake is a chocolate cake made with buttermilk that is topped with chocolate frosting (like our Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes).
My sister, Camille, made these Texas Sheet Cake Brownies a few years ago and I was instantly on board the Texas Sheet Cake train!
This White Texas Sheet Cake makes the perfect birthday cake, potluck dessert or festive dessert for the next holiday!
Ways to decorate your Texas Sheet Cake:
You can easily change up the sprinkles you use to top this sheet cake depending on the season. We love using green and red sprinkles for Christmas or black and orange sprinkles for Halloween.
You could also top this cake with mini M&Ms or other small candies.
How many does it serve?
This White Texas Sheet Cake is made to feed a crowd. You can cut this cake into as many slices as you need, but we recommend slicing it into 30 pieces for a big helping of this delicious cake.
Easy to prepare:
Besides feeding a crowd, my favorite thing about this White Texas Sheet Cake is that it is easy to make.
Unlike traditional cake, this cake is made by bringing butter and water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove then stirring in the remaining cake ingredients.
Spread the batter in a half baking sheet that has been generously sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 20-22 minutes at 375 degrees and let cool completely before frosting.
The frosting can be made by simply creaming all of the frosting ingredients together until light and fluffy.
Can you freeze Texas Sheet Cake?
Yes! You can freeze this White Texas Sheet Cake by covering it tightly with plastic wrap and then covering it in foil then placing it in the freezer. Let it thaw at room temperature before serving.
Store this cake (covered) for 3 days at room temperature or for one week in the fridge.
Our newest cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other delicious sheet cake recipes:
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Short Cake Sheet Cake
- Sheet Pan Hawaiian Poke Cake
- Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Sheet Cake
- Turtle Texas Sheet Cake
White Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place one cup butter and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt, and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour batter into a baking sheet (18 x 13 x 1-inch) sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- For the frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla together.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- You can freeze this White Texas Sheet Cake by covering it tightly with plastic wrap and then covering it in foil then placing it in the freezer. Let it thaw at room temperature before serving. Store this cake (covered) for 3 days at room temperature or for one week in the fridge.
- Large Saucepan
- Sheet pan (18x13x1)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl