It’s Girl Scout Cookie time- one of the best times of the year! I am on the hunt for a girl scout in my area . . . and until I find her, I have been making recipes like this one and our Samoa Brownies to tide me over.
These blondies are so rich and brown sugar-y . . . and with the cute M&M’s on top, you can’t resist them. I don’t think that they taste too much like a Samoa Cookie, but don’t let that stop you from making them. I definitely think that they are one of the best blondies I have made!
Serves: 9 people
Valentine M&M Samoa Blondies Recipe
These blondies are so rich and brown sugar-y . . . and with the cute M&M’s on top, you can’t resist them.
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1¼ cups mini M&Ms
- a few extra M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8-inch pan with nonstick spray and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it browns and begins to smell nutty (watch it closely so it doesn't burn). Let the butter cool for a few minutes, until just barely warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter and sugars. With a wooden spoon, stir in egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in flour, coconut and M&Ms until batter is blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle a few additional M&M?s on top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let the blondies cool before turning them out onto a cutting board and slicing into squares (chilling them will make that process even easier).
*Use chocolate chips in place of M&Ms if you'd like. *For slightly gooey, under baked blondies, bake for 25 minutes. For fully baked blondies, bake the entire 30 minutes (I baked mine for about 27 minutes and I thought that they were perfect!).
Calories: 498 kcal · Carbohydrates: 69 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 23 g · Saturated Fat: 15 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 56 mg · Sodium: 134 mg · Potassium: 106 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 52 g · Vitamin A: 480 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 64 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Recipe source: Recipe Girl