Our Strawberry Cake Bars are so easy to make because they start with a cake mix!
This recipe came together when I was craving our Cake Batter Blondies, but I did not have a funfetti cake mix on hand.
I did, however, have a strawberry cake mix, and the rest is history.
You could top it with your favorite buttercream icing, but I highly recommend this strawberry icing.
What other cake mix flavor would be good with this combination?
We are total cake people. If it has a fluffy moist bottom, and smothered in a frosting like substance, we are all over it.
These Strawberry Cake Bars are out of this world delicious, and full of flavor. It’s better than Strawberry Shortcake.
Here are a few other flavor combinations that would taste amazing with this strawberry cake.
-Lemon Cake Mix
-Cherry Chip Cake Mix
-Funfetti Cake Mix
-Chocolate Cake Mix
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
- Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Cake Bars
- Strawberry Buttermilk Donuts
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- Strawberry Shortcake Sheet Cake
Strawberry Cake Bars Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Strawberry Cake Mix 1 box
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan (either 8 x 11" or 9 x 9" pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the milk to the bowl slowly, you want the batter to remain as dense as possible.
- Fold in the strawberry jam and white chocolate chips.
- Dump batter in prepared pan and spread to the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (they will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up).
- To make frosting, combine all frosting ingredients together in a bowl and frost bars when cool (frosting is optional because these taste amazing without frosting, but I am a serious frosting lover, so I added some and loved the way it turned out).
- Add milk slowly to keep batter dense
- Let cake cool completely before frosting
- Don’t overbake, the bars may seem gooey but will set up
- 9×9-inch baking pan or 8×11-inch baking pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl