My oldest son has a birthday in March and he thinks that St. Patrick’s Day is the coolest day ever because it is so close to his birthday and he gets to wear his favorite color in excess. 🙂
I am helping at his school party this year and wanted to make a cute St. Patrick’s Day treat for all the kids. Not only are these cupcakes so cute, but they are delicious!
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day recipes? Try these!
Here’s a quick little tutorial on how to make your “pot of gold” for each cupcake!
St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
Delicious cupcakes, topped with buttercream, candy rainbows and chocolate pots of gold!
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 12 AirHeads Extreme Rainbow candy
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 24 Rolo candies
- Gold sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes by combining the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Bake cupcakes for 14-19 minutes and let cool.
- To make the frosting, beat butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy cream and salt and mix together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Spread or pipe frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Cut each AirHeads Extreme candy in half and place on top of each cupcake to create an arch.
- Place two mini marshmallows on each end of the rainbow.
- To make the pot of gold, pipe a small amount of frosting onto the wide end of each Rolo, then press into gold sprinkles until all the frosting is covered. Place on the cupcake.
Six Sisters Stuff