We decided to try our favorite turkey burgers in the slow cooker and the result was amazing. These awesome cheesy sandwiches may just be our new favorite go-to meal.
We love having burgers in the summer, but sometimes there just isn’t time to grill up our favorite meal.
These Turkey Burger Joes are a combination of a cheesy hamburger and a sloppy joe. The filling is delicious!
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Turkey Joes:
- lean ground turkey
- garlic powder
- relish (or chopped pickles)
- bbq sauce
- velveeta cheese
How to make Slow Cooker Turkey Burger Joes:
- In a skillet on the stove, brown 1 pound of ground turkey.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion, garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and relish.
- Pour sauce over the top of the browned ground turkey. Mix gently until all the turkey is covered.
- Place ground turkey into a slow cooker. Put Velveeta cheese on top of turkey.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring half way through.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.