Being able to throw dinner in the slow cooker and forget about it has got to be one of the best feelings! This Sweet Potato Chowder is full of delicious vegetables making it the perfect meal for your family!
You can also make this meal MEATLESS! Use Vegetable broth, don’t add the bacon, and you are good to go! It will still taste amazing!
Now this recipe calls for whole milk, but if you are looking to make it healthier, go for the skim milk. It won’t make it as creamy, but it don’t change the taste much. I think it is still delicious.
If you don’t like certain vegetables that I put in, you can easily sub them out. One of the easiest things I find to sub into this recipe is normal potatoes! The sweet potatoes and normal ones together taste amazing!
If you have an Instant Pot, but sure to watch our video on our YouTube Channel on how to make it in the Instant Pot!
Do I cook the bacon first?
For this recipe, we do recommend that you cook the bacon first, then add it to the soup. If you don’t, the soup will have a lot of bacon grease in it, and the texture will be a little funny.
You also want to be sure that your bacon is thoroughly cooked through, which is another reason why we recommend cooking it separately first, then adding it.
How to Make Sweet Potato Chowder in the Instant pot:
What to serve with sweet potato chowder:
You will LOVE our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking! We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Looking for more soup recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Skinny White Bean Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili
- Slow Cooker Healthy King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chowder Recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 15.25 ounces corn do not drain
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the slow cooker combine onion, sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, canned corn, chicken broth, bacon, and seasonings.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours, until potatoes are soft.
- 15 minutes before serving, in a small bowl combine milk and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into the slow cooker and stir.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes to let milk thicken up.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Slow Cooker
- Small Mixing Bowl