This White Bean and Chicken Chili is one of my favorite meals to make year-round. I usually have everything that I need in my pantry and it comes together in a matter of minutes.
It’s also a great meal to make for a quick and healthy lunch. If you are into doing healthy meal prep, this one of my go-to recipes that I make at the beginning of the week and then enjoy it as a healthy lunch all week long.
If you wanted, you could also make this in a crock pot! See below for the instructions.
Ingredients needed for White Bean and Chicken Chili:
- chicken broth
- cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
- canned Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- mild salsa verde
- ground cumin
- fresh cilantro
- avocado (optional garnish)
How to make White Bean and Chicken Chili:
This recipe is basically a “dump and go” recipe – add chicken broth, cooked chicken, beans, salsa verde and cumin into a large stock pot on the stove. Stir everything together.
Cook over medium high heat until it starts to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each bowl with chopped avocado and cilantro.
How to make this chili in your slow cooker:
This is a simple meal to make in your slow cooker as well.
When I make this recipe in the slow cooker, I use frozen chicken breasts.
Place chicken breasts, chicken broth, beans, salsa verde and cumin into a slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH heat for 3-4 hours or on LOW heat for 5-6 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, then add chicken back into the slow cooker.
Mix well and ladle into bowls, adding avocado and cilantro as garnish.
What to serve with this chili:
Need some side dish ideas? Try one of these:
- Twisted Cheese Breadsticks
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Seven Layer Green Salad
- Spring Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Great Harvest Copycat Whole Wheat Bread
Our newest cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other popular soups on our website:
- King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Skinny Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups mild salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Add chicken broth, cooked chicken, beans, salsa Verde and cumin into a large stock pot on the stove. Stir everything together.
- Cook over medium high heat until it starts to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each bowl with chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Slow Cooker
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
This Creamy White Chicken Chili is one of our favorites – it has green chiles and a lot of flavor. Be sure to check it out!
Questions & Reviews