This Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili is the perfect soup on a cold day! We would have it for dinner every single Halloween and it’s a tradition we’ve kept with our own families. You can also make this chili on the stove top or slow cooker!
What is an Instant Pot?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker that works as an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and sauté pan all in one.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
Our sister Kristen is the QUEEN of Instant Pot – she has TONS of recipes on our YouTube channel where she shows you how to make pretty much anything in your Instant Pot (including these 5 soups that are perfect for beginners!).
Looking for more soups to make in the Instant Pot? Try our Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup!
Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili, A Family Tradition
Does your family have any recipes that were staples in your house growing up? This Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili has been around our family for as long as I can remember.
Every year on Halloween, my mom would whip up a pot of chili. Whether it be this Cream Cheese Chili or her Classic Chili. It would cook all day in the slow cooker and the smell of the chili would fill the entire house.
But now, you can make it in the Instant Pot in a matter of minutes.
Even today when I smell chili cooking, it takes me back to my childhood and having a warm, full belly before heading out to go trick-or-treating, or the night before Thanksgiving.
Before we get into the recipe, you’re going to need an Instant Pot! We love the 6 quart Lux or Duo. You can make this in the 8 quart, 6 quart or 3 quart. If you are using the 3 quart, just be sure to half the recipe!
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered. With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
Tricks to Making Instant Pot Chili
If this is your first time making chili, or any soup for that matter in the Instant Pot, we have a few suggestions to make sure it turns out perfect every single time.
1. Drain and Rinse Your Beans
Avoiding this step could be detrimental to your chili! We’ve listed which cans need to be drained in this recipe, but you can almost always assume that beans in any recipe will be drained and oftentimes rinsed (especially black beans!).
Without draining your beans, your chili will be turn out runny and a little too “soupy” to be considered chili. We know it’s an extra step, but it’s definitely worth it.
2. Add Enough Liquids
While draining some ingredients is important, it’s also important to make sure you have enough liquid in your Instant Pot so it will pressurize.
The best part about this Instant Pot Chili is the delicious flavors that combine together. The liquid from the diced tomatoes, the Worcestershire sauce, and the water should be enough to keep those flavors infusing all day long.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No problem! You can make our Cream Cheese Chili in the slow cooker and on the stove top! Get the slow cooker recipe HERE.
How to Make Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili Into a Freezer Meal
We get asked how to turn Chili into a freezer meal a lot. Here’s how you do it!
- In a large Zip-Loc or freezer safe bag, combine all ingredients.
- Place laying flat in your freezer to save the most space. We like to label our bags before hand so we know what’s in the bag. If you’re anything like us, in a months time you’ll forget what freezer meals you’ve stuck in the freezer.
- Place freezer bag in the refrigerator the night before cooking to allow it to partially thaw.
- Cook according to the directions in original recipe. It’s that easy!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients. This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Watch How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Chili
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We post a new Instant Pot Video every single Monday and we share other delicious recipes too!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chili
We love to serve our chili with homemade bread and green salad. Here’s a few we’d suggest:
Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 ounce can corn (do not drain)
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles (do not drain)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1 ounce packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Place chicken in bottom of your Instant Pot. Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, ranch seasoning, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and water and pour over chicken.
- Close the lid and cook, turn the knob to SEALING, push the MANUAL button and cook for 20 minutes if the chicken is thawed and 25 if it is frozen.
- When it is done, do a quick release. Shred the chicken and stir in cream cheese. Stir together and serve.
- Instant Pot