Taco Stuffed Peppers – all the flavors of tacos made healthy in a stuffed peppers! They are going to be one of your favorite new dinners.
I am trying to eat healthier and try new foods. I have never tried stuffed peppers and to be honest, never wanted to.
I thought if they had all of the flavor of tacos, that I might be able to do it.
I threw these together in a few minutes to make a healthy, delicious dinner that my whole family loved.
They are now requesting these Taco Stuffed Peppers weekly. You are going to love how quickly these come together and how delicious they taste.
If you love Stuffed Peppers, check out these other recipes on our site:
- Ground Turkey Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
- One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta
What could I replace the Rotel tomatoes with?
I am a huge tomato fan, but my husband is not. When we make this recipe, we usually use a little bit of taco sauce or enchilada sauce.
It is a great alternative and adds a lot of flavor.
We also like to use salsa, but depending on how strong their hate for tomatoes is, your choice might differ.
But we highly recommend using red taco sauce. This is also found near the salsa at the grocery store.
Could i use any bell pepper for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used red bell peppers, but you could use any bell pepper you wish.
We make these with green bell peppers all the time, and they are just as delicious.
TACO STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE TIPS
If you don’t want to serve all 8 peppers at once, you can easily freeze some. Before baking, stick them on a pan and put them in the freezer for an hour.
Once flash frozen, take them out and put them in individual plastic bags. Stick the bag under cold water with the opening above the surface. This will push all the air out of the bag and then while it is still submerged you can seal it (just don’t let any water in the bag).
Then throw the individually sealed peppers in the freezer. Store up to two months. When ready to bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed!
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
Do you love tasty food? If so, then I hope you are subscribed to our YouTube channel! Our recipes are perfect for your picky eaters. Plus you get to see each recipe made from beginning to end.
Looking for more family dinner recipes?
Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 10 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles drained
- 1.25 ounces low sodium taco seasoning packet 1 packet
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash peppers and slice off the tops. Remove all seeds and membranes from the inside.
- Place peppers in a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove peppers from water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef until cooked through and drain the fat.
- Add rice, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning to the meat. Mix until combined.
- Place the peppers in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and fill to the top with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are soft and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- large pot
- Large Saucepan
- 8x8-inch baking pan
Have you heard about our Copycat Cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!