Remember when you were little and people would always ask you, “What’s your favorite food?”
I usually responded macaroni and cheese or pizza, and I even went through a phase where I would say “bread!” (eat all the carbs! I still love bread!), but I remember that I had one friend who would always respond that potatoes were her favorite food.
I also remember thinking that was such a strange response . . . I mean, when you have all these delicious foods that you can choose from, you choose potatoes?
Then I married a potato lover.
According to him, potatoes are a side dish that can be served at every meal . . . so I have had to get creative over the years to think of new ways to make this favorite vegetable of his (is it a vegetable?).
In the meantime, I have also fallen in love with potatoes. So potatoes as a favorite food . . . maybe it’s not such a crazy idea after all. 😉
Slow Cooker Parmesan Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 4-6 red potatoes (I used about 5 medium potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce packet ranch seasoning dip
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes (peel them if you like, but I prefer to keep the skins on) and cut into large pieces. Place pieces into a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil on the potatoes and mix until all potatoes are coated in oil. Add ranch packet, garlic powder, dried minced onion, and Parmesan cheese and mix until almost all the potatoes are coated in seasonings.
- Dump potatoes into the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours (I have kept them in for up to 7 hours and they still turned out fine, they will just get softer the longer they cook. If you wanted to cook them longer, you could always turn them into mashed potatoes).
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese (or any other cheese) and serve.
- Slow Cooker