I have never been a big seafood lover. Clam chowder is about as crazy as it gets for me! I love using my slow cooker for soup in the winter so the house smells good and I have a hot meal ready by dinnertime. Mmm Mm Mm!
Slow Cooker New England Clam Chowder Recipe
- 4 (6½ ounce) cans chopped clams (including juice)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 strips bacon cooked and diced
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups half and half
- Add clams and juice to slow cooker.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, potatoes, celery, garlic, onion, bacon, basil, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
- Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add half and half and cook on high for one additional hour.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Slow Cooker