There’s nothing I love more than soup on a cold day! Something about the whole house smelling like delicious soup just makes me so happy! This Cauliflower Chowder is so easy to make, and full of vegetables. Feel free to add more vegetables if you’re feeling up to it! We’ve had this with celery, corn, peas, and we’ve even added chicken!
Cauliflower Chowder Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- In a large stockpot melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic, carrots, and onions. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cooked bacon and let cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour until mixture begins to turn a little golden brown.
- Add milk and chicken broth slowing, stirring while you add.
- Stir in cheese and bring to a boil and cook for 12 minutes.
- Serve topped with additional bacon and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
- Stock Pot
- Soup Bowls