Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe
One of my favorite foods at Disneyland is the clam chowder. It is so creamy and seasoned just right! This recipe is spot on to the clam chowder you get in the park!
Disneyland's Clam Chowder Recipe
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 1/4 cups clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup clams, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sourdough bread, slices (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the flour to make a roux. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring often, then set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the potatoes, onion, peppers and celery over medium heat until the potatoes are just barely tender, about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the heavy cream, clam juice, clams, thyme, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, and roux. Whisk well to blend in the roux.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a side of sourdough bread, if desired.
Six Sisters Stuff