One of my favorite foods at Disneyland is the clam chowder—it is so creamy and seasoned just right! This Disneyland’s Clam Chowder recipe is spot on to the clam chowder you get in the park!
If you didn’t know already, let me tell you that we LOVE Disneyland. One of our favorite parts of Disneyland is all of the good food you can eat while you are there.
We love making copycat Disneyland recipes, so that you can bring a little bit of the Happiest Place on Earth right to your dinner table. This Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe is top notch, and not one you want to miss.
What is a roux?
A roux is a mixture of fat and flour that is the base for making smooth, thick soups and sauces. We used butter for this recipe.
Simply melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly add the flour while whisking to avoid clumping. Remove it from the heat as soon as your flour and butter are combined into a thick paste.
You will mix your roux together with the chowder after you’ve mixed the cream, clam juice, clams, and seasonings.
Stir constantly while slowly mixing everything together. Again, the goal is to avoid lumps by adding slowly and whisking constantly. Wire whisks are a must for this recipe!
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Whether you intend to serve this as an appetizer or main dish, Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe will be a tasty addition to your dinner table.
Can I make this recipe in the Instant Pot?
Yes you can! Making Instant Pot makes this recipe very very fast!
Watch how to make it in the Instant Pot here:
Liked our Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe?
You may like these chowder recipes too!
Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cups potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2¼ cups clam juice
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- ½ Tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 slices sourdough bread (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the flour to make a roux. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often, then set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the potatoes, onion, peppers and celery over medium heat until the potatoes are just barely tender, about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the heavy cream, clam juice, clams, thyme, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, and roux. Whisk well to blend in the roux.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a side of sourdough bread, if desired.
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!