Last week we were invited to Kroger’s Corporate Office as part of Kroger’s Influencer Council. We flew into the beautiful Cincinnati, Ohio where their corporate office is located.
5 out of the 6 of the sisters attended (Which is rare especially with 3 of us being pregnant). We had an amazing time learning more about Kroger and of course, eating all of their delicious food.
Kroger has some amazing brands such as Private Selection, Murray’s Cheese, Simple Truth, and my new favorite: HemisFares.
They pride themselves on using fresh and delicious ingredients. If you have it in your store, you need to try Spicy Paprika Aioli from Hemis Fares.
We had it with an amazing Mushroom Frittata and now I need a stock pile of it in my refrigerator.
Kroger is getting ready for the holiday season, so to get us in the holiday spirit we received some beautiful sweaters, got on a caroling bus, and drove to a Kroger store in Oakley. It was hilarious and so much fun.
While we were there, each blogger was asked to make a “Christmas in October” recipe. We decided to make our Grandma’s Delicious Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham.
We did all of our shopping at the Oakley Kroger, then drove to a kitchen to make everything! It was so fun tasting what everyone made.
Our Grandma’s Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham is so easy to make and was a huge hit with everyone at Kroger! Below are our special tips on how to make it in the slow cooker.
Related Article: Don’t forget the rolls! These 30 Minute Dinner Rolls are perfect for first time bread makers!
what if my ham is too big for my slow cooker?
If you have a large ham, follow these steps to still cook it in your slow cooker.
You will need two sheets of tin foil that are 12 inches long. I tucked the ends all around the edges of the crock pot and then gathered them together in the middle and folded the ends down (The plastic around the edges is my slow cooker liner).
I did not completely wrap the ham in foil- I just tucked it down the sides of the slow cooker. You want to make a “roof” for your ham.
Once your ham is done, remove it from your slow cooker and make some gravy by mixing 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water. I like to pour gravy over my potatoes and ham.
Even if you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still bake the ham in your oven. Once again, make a tent with aluminum foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees.
Baste the ham once every thirty minutes.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for side dishes to serve with this ham? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Italian Red Potatoes
- Grandma’s 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham
- 7-10 lb spiral ham precooked and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard (I like using spicy)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup water cold
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (if you have a slow cooker liner, I suggest using it to make clean-up a breeze). Place ham in the slow cooker.
- Combine mustard, sugar, honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a sauce pan on medium heat. Let cook for 2-5 minutes (until ingredients melt and combine) and whisk thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- Pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour honey/brown sugar mixture over the ham.
- If the lid does not fit over your ham, you can make a tin foil tent (I used an 8 lb ham and it didn't fit in my 6 quart slow cooker).
- Cook the ham on low for 6-8 hours. Baste the ham with the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker once every hour.
- Once your ham is done, remove it from your slow cooker. Pour the juices in the bottom of your slow cooker into a medium saucepan. Mix together 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water and pour into the saucepan. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken. Use that as a glaze over the ham or even as a gravy for potatoes.
- Even if you don't have a slow cooker, you can still bake this ham in your oven. Once again, make a tent with aluminum foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. Baste the ham once every thirty minutes.
- Slow Cooker
- nonstick cooking spray
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all my own.