Sloppy Joes are a family favorite at my house and this recipe is one of my go-to meals!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes only takes a few minutes to throw together and then you put it in the crock pot and let the flavors slowly meld together while they cook at a low heat.
It’s the perfect recipe for a big party or family gathering – you can easily double or triple this recipe and keep it all warm in a crock pot until it’s time to eat.
When I know it’s going to be a busy day, I will make this at the beginning of the day and then keep it warm in the slow cooker for hours. I love coming home to dinner ready to eat.
Ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- ground turkey
- green pepper
- can of condensed tomato soup
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
How to make Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add turkey, onion, celery, and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain the grease and add to slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar to ingredients in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, keep warm until serving. Serve on hamburger buns.
How to make these sloppy joes on the stove top:
- If you are short on time, don’t worry about letting them cook in the slow cooker – you can make them right on your stove top!
- In a large skillet, add turkey, onion, celery, and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain the grease, then return meat and vegetable back to pan over medium heat.
- Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar to the skillet and stir together.
- Cook in skillet over low heat for 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally) to let the flavors meld together. Serve on buns.
could I use ground beef with this recipe?
Ground beef works great in this recipe!
Just follow the same instructions, making sure to fully cook the ground beef in the skillet before adding it to the slow cooker.
For this recipe, I would recommend a leaner ground beef – the sauce doesn’t stick as well to the meat when it’s a fattier percentage because of the additional grease.
looking for more ground turkey recipes?
- Honey Sriracha Ground Turkey Meatballs
- Ground Turkey Greek Tacos with Tzatziki Sauce
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground Turkey Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
Adapted from Taste of Home
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!