Peach season is here. We wait all year to bite into a big juicy peach. Our parents have a big peach tree and this year they had a bumper crop of peaches. We love this family peach pie recipe and thought it was time to share it with you. Homemade pie crust can be intimidating for some, but not with this easy family recipe. Happy Peach Season.
How to ripen your peaches
Step 1: Get a brown paper bag. It’s important it’s dark and doesn’t let much light in.
Step 2: Place the peaches in the bag and place in a dark area and keep at room temperature.
Step 3: Roll up the paper bag so much hair doesn’t get in. Wait 24-48 hours and check the peaches. Enjoy a nice juicy and ripe peach, perfect for this Fresh Peach Pie.
How to make Fresh Peach Pie
I don’t know about you, but making pie can intimidate me. I then learned how to make the crust for pie, and now it is my go to easy dessert recipe, when I have guests.
If you are in a time crunch however, a pre-made pie crust always works. The taste won’t be as fresh or sweet, but it bakes just as well. Depending on the purchased pie crust, you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature.
But for those of you looking for a delicious pie from scratch recipe, here is how you make it:
- This simple crust requires flour, shortening and salt. Combine with a fork or your fingers until it becomes a crumb mixture.Next, Add your water and mix until well blended.
- Split the dough in half and wrap each half in saran wrap. Place each wrapped half in the fridge for about an hour. This will make the dough easy to work with.
- Grab one of the pie crust halves from the fridge and roll out into a thin circle. Roll it out with a thin layer of flour to avoid sticking. You want to roll it out thin because crust swells as it cooks.
- Place the rolled out dough in a 9 inch pie pan or tin. Don’t trim the excess edges, you will do this later.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the lemon juice and fresh peaches. In a separate medium sized bowl combine the tapioca pudding, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar. Add this mixture into the peaches and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie tin. Place small pieces of butter over the peach mixture.
- Remove the other pie crust half from the fridge and roll out thinly. Roll it out into a circular shape. After it is rolled out, fold it in half and cut small slits in the middle. You could also cut some designs into the crust. This will allow the pie to breathe as it cooks, to avoid a bursting pie…
- Carefully place the other pie crust on top of the pie. Cut the excess pie crust off of the top crust, not the bottom. Fold the bottom crust hang-over, on top of the pie crust. Fold it over and pinch it together to seal the pie.
- With a basting bus or finger, lightly spread milk over the top of the pie. Don’t let the milk puddle. This should be a very thin layer. While the milk is still wet on the pie crust, sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until the edges of the crust begin to golden. You may want to cover your crust edges with foil to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! We love to eat ours with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or topped with whipped cream.
RELATED RECIPE: BE SURE TO TRY OUR FROZEN RASPBERRY LEMONADE PIE. IT’S AN EASY AND REFRESHING DESSERT.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious meals, your family will love. You have you covered from appetizers to dessert.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Each Recipe is tried and true, so you know even your picky eaters will love it.
Looking for more of our favorite peach recipes?
- Fresh Peach Dumpling Rollups
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Peaches and Cream French Toast
- Barbecue Peach Chicken
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!