We have the perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
When we were growing up, Christmas was such a magical time. We would always come downstairs to see what Santa brought us, then eat a delicious breakfast before opening our gifts.
This is a fun spin on a French toast bake; instead of using old bread, you actually use buttery croissants from the bakery.
The texture of the croissants mixed with the sweetness of the blueberries makes this an amazing dish.
I picked up the large croissants at our local grocery store .
They are so soft and buttery, especially when they are fresh. However, for this recipe it helps if the croissants are a day old because it absorbs more of the liquid mixture and tastes even more amazing.
You can prep this dish in a matter of minutes and let it cook while you spend time with your family because let’s be honest – that is the best part of Christmas.
We also love making this the night before an early school morning, and eating it for breakfast after all the flavors and goods have soaked into the croissants.
You could also serve it for dessert, it is just that delicious.
What other berries could I make this recipe with?
I love blueberries, but I get they aren’t always a crowd favorite. If you are looking to switch up the fruit in this recipe, it’s an easy fix.
Here are a few other fruits we recommend trying:
- Peaches (we would remove the peel)
- Apple Pie Filling
- Cherries (or cherry pie filling)
You could also do a combination of fruits. I have made this with blueberries and peaches, and it was absolutely delicious.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Blueberry Croissant Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 6 large croissants cubed
- 8 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas ripe
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut croissants into bite-sized pieces and place in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, bananas, and milk until completely incorporated. Pour over croissants and use a spatula to press down on the croissants, making sure that every piece is saturated in the liquid mixture.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and blueberries on top then bake for 30-35 minutes (or until the center is firm and fully cooked).
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes, then cut into pieces and top with whipped cream and fresh blueberries to serve. You can also drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan