I love poke-cakes. I love everything about them. I’m not a the biggest fan of just plain cake but when you add the pudding to this one, it makes it moist and full of flavor.
With this recipe, if blueberries aren’t in season you can substitute a can of blueberry pie filling and it will still work great. We’ve also used frozen blueberries that we thawed and pat dry, so they don’t bleed into the cake.
However, fresh blueberries are definitely, most-recommended when making this recipe.
And if you hate whipped cream you can always use a container of cool whip.
what other fruit could i make this recipe with?
I am a total blueberry lover, and so are my kids. They can’t get enough of them, which is why I decided to do the blueberry fruit, with this cake.
You don’t have to do the blueberries, you could definitely try another fruit. I have only made this recipe, but I imagine it would work just as well with any of these other fruits:
- Pineapple Tidbits
could i use any cake mix?
Any brand of cake mix would work for this recipe. We used Betty Crocker, and listed the ingredients needed, on the box, to make this cake.
You could use any white cake mix, as long as it is white cake mix. We’ve only made this with the white, but you could try other flavors. Chocolate would be really delicious with raspberries.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
looking for more blueberry recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Blueberry Almond Protein Bites
- Blueberry Fluff Salad
- Homemade Fresh Blueberry Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Trifle
Blueberry Cheesecake Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- 16.25 ounce Betty Crocker white cake mix
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries (rinsed and drained)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3.4 ounce package instant cheesecake pudding
- 1½ cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake according to the instructions on the box adding in the water oil and eggs, mixing until combined.
- Bake cake in 9 x 13-inch pan for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the blueberry sauce, rinse the berries. In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine blueberries, sugar, flour and water; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring often. Turn down heat and let simmer to allow the blueberries to soften. Cook until sauce thickens; maybe 10-15 minutes. Stir often so the bottom does not burn.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Prepare the pudding filling by combining cheesecake pudding with milk and whisk until the pudding is dissolved. Pour pudding over top of cake, filling the holes. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes until the pudding is firm.
- Pour blueberry sauce over top of the cake and refrigerate until cake and toppings are cooled.
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of the heavy whipping cream and beat it into the cream cheese until the cream cheese resembles a liquid mixture.
- Then, add the remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-high speed. Once the cream starts to thicken, slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooled cake and refrigerate until served.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!