This is hands-down my family’s new favorite breakfast! I am a huge french toast fan. I especially love that I could prepare this the night before and throw it in the oven for 20 minutes in the morning and it is ready to go! I have tried some baked french toast recipes that end up being a little too soggy, but this turned out perfectly. You don’t even need syrup, because it has a delicious caramel glaze that makes it taste absolutely amazing!
Overnight Baked Caramel French Toast Recipe
This is hands-down my family’s new favorite breakfast! I am a huge french toast fan. I especially love that I could prepare this the night before and throw it in the oven for 20 minutes in the morning and it is ready to go!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 french toast slices ¾ inch thick
- Spray 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, mix topping ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. DO NOT BOIL.
- Spread topping in prepared baking dish.
- In shallow bowl, beat eggs with fork.
- Beat in milk, vanilla and salt.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed; arrange over topping in dish.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 400°F.
- Uncover baking dish; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and toast is golden brown.
- Remove from oven; let stand 3 minutes.
- Place a large heatproof serving platter upside down over baking dish; turn platter and baking dish over.
- Remove baking dish, scraping any extra caramel topping onto toast. Serve immediately.
- Whip Cream
Calories: 1459 kcal · Carbohydrates: 257 g · Protein: 51 g · Fat: 26 g · Saturated Fat: 11 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 99 mg · Sodium: 2243 mg · Potassium: 630 mg · Fiber: 10 g · Sugar: 40 g · Vitamin A: 526 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 239 mg · Iron: 15 mg
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Medium Saucepan
- Shallow Bowl
- Serving Platter