My family and I normally have cinnamon rolls once during the weekend. It’s almost becoming a tradition of sorts. With that said, we have tried so many different kinds of recipes.
This just might be my favorite pumpkin recipe.
They do take a little time, but they are oh so worth it!! Full of the butter goodness of a roll and the sweetness of a dessert. What more could you ask for?
Since it is Fall I do feel inspired to tell you about some of my other favorite pumpkin recipes to make your autumn even more festive!
You have to try our Instant Pot Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread, Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe, The Best Pumpkin Roll Recipe and you definitely cannot forget the Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Warm water
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Raisins/chopped walnuts/pecans (choose one, but they are also optional)
Since it is Fall you might have a pumpkin that you are looking for pumpkin puree recipe ideas, so why not use the pumpkin puree it in this recipe?! Take a look at The Pioneer Woman’s Best Pumpkin Puree Recipe and use it in place of the canned pumpkin.
HAVE THESE KITCHEN NECESSITIES HANDY:
- Small mixing bowl (3)
- Wooden spoon
- Stand mixer (THIS is a great one and normally comes with a dough hook)
- Dough hook
- Measuring cups
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Hand mixer
- Rolling pin (THIS is an awesome one!)
- Rubber spatula
- Sharp knife
- 9×13 baking pan
MAKE YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT MEALS!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?! Try our Mini Pumpkin Pies!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup margarine melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 cups flour
- 1/2-2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree to your preference
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine warm water, yeast, and teaspoon of sugar in small bowl. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand until froth doubles.
- In mixer fitted with dough hook, combine milk, eggs, pumpkin, margarine, 1/2 sugar, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Mix until smooth (don't have a mixer? You can still make these. I first used a wooden spoon until it got to be too hard and then I started using my hands. You have to knead it for a while to get that smooth consistency, but it can be done).
- Add four cups flour to the mixing bowl. Pour frothed yeast mixture on top of flour. Knead about 5 minutes, adding flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough barely begins to clean the sides of the mixing bowl. Dough should be smooth and moist, but not sticky.
- Spray a bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover with a wet towel, or plastic wrap sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow dough to raise until doubled, or about one hour.
- While dough is raising, prepare filling. Place room temperature butter and pumpkin puree in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth. In another small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon, set both bowls aside.
- Pour dough out on slightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle 16×21 inches, dough should be about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the pumpkin/butter mixture over rectangle. Next, evenly spread the sugar/cinnamon mixture on top, slightly pressing it into the dough.
- Roll up long side of the dough, forming a long tube. Cut tube with a sharp knife, about every two inches, making 12 rolls. Place rolls in lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until the dough has nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake rolls in oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to make frosting. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Plastic Wrap
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
Recipe Source: Compliments To The Chef
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
- KAT -
Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com