Items needed for this recipe
- Skillet: We like using this non-stick skillet with a glass lid. It’s nice to be able to see through the lid without removing it and letting heat escape.
- Wooden Spoon/Scraper: This spoon is ideal. It won’t scratch your non-stick surface in the pan, and it is made to get along the edges in the pan. We use this in so many recipes.
HOW TO MAKE Bacon and Broccoli ALFREDO IN ONE POT
- Add garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, pasta, crumbled bacon and basil to a 5 quart saucepan skillet. Mix together until combined.
- Bring those ingredients to a boil.
- Cover the pan with lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let this simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Check every few minutes giving it a stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and steamed broccoli. Stir until the cheese is melted and fully mixed in. Serve while it’s still warm.The sauce will thicken up as it cools. If it is thicker than you want, add in a little more chicken broth and stir well.
How to steam broccoli in your microwave
There are a few options to getting your broccoli ready for this recipe. Because this is a “one pot” recipe, we suggest using a steamable bag of broccoli from the grocery store, to save you from chopping and cooking, dirting another dish.
However, we know some people don’t like using those steamable bags and that’s totally okay! If you have fresh broccoli on hand, here’s a quick way to steam it in the microwave.
- Cut broccoli into small bite sized pieces.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with about 2-3 tablespoons of water per head of broccoli. You’ll probably use 1-2 heads in this recipe.
- Cover your bowl. If your microwave safe bowl doesn’t come with a lid, a stoneware or ceramic plate works great in its place.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes. We’d recommend starting with 3 minutes and checking to see if your broccoli is tender, to avoid it getting mushy if your microwave is too hot. If it needs a little longer throw it back in for another minute.
- Remove lid carefully to avoid the hot steam. We usually season ours with a little salt and pepper before throwing it into the alfredo pot.
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
OTHER DELICIOUS ONE PAN RECIPES
- One Pan Sausage and Tortellini
- One Pan Ranch and Chicken Potatoes
- One Pan Taco Skillet
- One Pan Chili Beef Pasta
- One Pan Italian Pasta
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video, we’re showing you how to make our One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo!