As apartment-renters, my husband and I don’t have a dishwasher. Doing dishes by hand is my least favorite household chore.
Anytime I can find a one-pan dinner, I celebrate a little bit, because it saves me a lot of time, and saves my poor wrinkled hands from a big battle with the dish soap. 😉
This One Pan Italian Pasta is one of our new favorite go-to meals. It literally takes 20 minutes to throw together from start to finish, and it is so filling! My husband literally asked when we could have it again while we were eating it. (That’s always a good sign, right?)
One Pan Italian Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ounce Italian dressing mix packet
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Saute the onions in olive oil on medium heat until they are soft.
- Add in the chicken and garlic powder, and cook until browned.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, dressing mix, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, and let it cook for about 10 minutes (or until the water has evaporated).
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and basil, letting it sit for just a minute so the cheese is melted.
- Big skillet
Recipe adapted from: Martha Stewart