I absolutely love when I can make dinner for my whole family and only dirty one dish! The feeling of throwing all the ingredients in the pan and letting your dinner cook in just a matter of minutes cannot be beat. This One Pan Taco Skillet is sure to please the whole family, and cut back a lot of time on those dishes! 😉
ONE PAN TACO SKILLET
- 1¼ pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced (optional topping)
- ½ cup sour cream (optional topping)
- ½ cup guacamole (optional topping)
- Begin browning meat in skillet.
- After slightly brown, add diced peppers and diced onion and cook until meat is completely browned.
- On medium heat, stir in water, beef stock, salsa, rice and beans.
- Stir in cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is completely cooked and liquid has absorbed.
- Stir in the cheese and top with your favorite taco toppings! We love adding sour cream and guacamole to ours.
Related Recipe: This One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo is an easy dish that’s prepared in just ONE pan. The creamy sauce mixed with warm Alfredo pasta makes this a family favorite.