I am obsessing over easy recipe these days, because the holidays are in full swing over here. Am I the only one with my tree up, and presents under it?
what other noodles could I use with this recipe?
This recipe is so versatile, you could really use any noodle to make it.
I used penne, but you could use rotini, fusilli, rigatoni, farfalle, shell, elbows, gemlike, ziti, or whatever you have on hand.
If you do use spaghetti noodles, or angel hair, be sure to break them into smaller 1-2 inch pieces before boiling, to ensure simple bites.
how could I make this recipe more healthy?
If you are looking to make this recipe more healthy, you could find a homemade Alfredo sauce, or one that doesn’t require cream.
I usually try to find an Alfredo sauce without any added sugar. I am all about shortcuts, so if I can purchase an Alfredo sauce with less calories and sugar than most other brands, I do that.
You could also add any other vegetables you like.
This would be delicious with some added broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower, or any of your other favorite vegetables.
You could cook them in with the chicken, or add them as side dishes. I have done both. My favorite is to add steamed broccoli, then bake it with the cheese on top.
If you are looking to lower the calories, you could also use less cheese, or no cheese at all. I have never done this, because I am a cheese lover, but I’m sure it would still taste delicious.
Watch how to make our favorite bread, to go with this recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know you can trust that your family will love it.
I love dipping bread into any extra sauce on my plate. Luckily we have the best bread recipe that is so easy to make. You are going to love it.
Watch how to make our Easy Cheesy Bread, here:
looking for more simple dinners? Here are a few of our favorites:
If you like chicken alfredo, be sure to check out our top 27 Chicken Alfredo recipes!
Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 3 cups penne pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms until they're soft.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In the pan, combine the shredded chicken, cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce and mushrooms. You could also do this in a bowl, then transfer to the pan, but I'm all about saving time and dishes.
- Fold and toss until well combined.
- Sprinkle both the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to turn barely golden on top.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm.
- If you are looking to make this recipe more healthy, you could find a homemade Alfredo sauce, or one that doesn’t require cream. I usually try to find an Alfredo sauce without any added sugar. I am all about shortcuts, so if I can purchase an Alfredo sauce with less calories and sugar than most other brands, I do that. You could also add any other vegetables you like.
- small frying pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!