I love desserts. Pretty much anything with sugar is one of my favorite foods. 😉
Unfortunately, I have passed that onto my children . . .
This is a picture of my sweet two year old daughter. She had just woke up from a nap (this was taken a couple of months ago, I promise we don’t keep our Christmas stockings up year round!) and found me in the kitchen baking . . . while my back was turned, she pushed aside all the pieces of orange that I had given her and started dipping her hands in the bowl of melted chocolate that was on the counter. She was upset when I took it away, hence the angry cry face. 😉 She cried for at least 10 minutes “I want chocolate, mama!”
That’s my girl. 🙂
Anyway, here is another delicious dessert recipe to add to your collection! I love that these are made in muffin tins – anything in mini-form is just that much better! The brown sugar glaze that forms on top of each cake is absolutely amazing.
Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes Recipe
- 20 ounces sliced pineapple reserve juice
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 20 regular-size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray (I like Baker's Joy for baking like this).
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and reserved pineapple juice in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer (or you can beat quickly by hand) for about 2 minutes or until it's completely mixed together.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Cut each pineapple slice into four pieces.
- To assemble cupcakes, spoon a heaping teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the tin. Place a cherry in the center (rounded side down) and then place 2 pineapple slices on top. Measure out 1/4 cup of cake batter and pour on top of pineapple slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Let cupcakes cook for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cupcakes to loosen them and remove from cupcake pan.
- Serve warm.
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin