Mini pineapple upside down cakes are a perfect afterschool snack that you and your kids can enjoy together! Everyone gets their own whole cake. How fun is that?
They are so cute, so if you are looking for a dessert to bring with you to an event or get together, these would be perfect. Not to mention, everyone will be asking you for the recipe to your delicious mini cakes.
So make sure to save this recipe so not only can you share it, but also to make this favorite family dessert over and over again.
Pineapple upside down cake is not the only delicious fruity cake you can make. Try our Instant Pot cherry dump cake, pineapple orange cake, and the super moist sheet pan Hawaiian poke cake recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes:
- Sliced pineapple
- Yellow cake mix
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Maraschino cherries
How To Make Our Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes:
To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Then get out your regular size muffin tins and spray them down with nonstick cooking spray.
Now, in a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and the pineapple juice from the can and mix it with a hand mixer for 2 minutes or until everything is completely mixed.
In another small bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar with a spatula or hand mixer.
Then take the pineapple slices and cut them into 4 pieces.
When you are ready to make the cakes, start by scooping a heaping teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the pan,
Then place the half of the cherry with the round side down, and then put 2 of the pineapple slices on top of the cherry.
Once those layers are set, pour ¼ cup of the cake batter on top of the pineapple slices.
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake the mini cakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
After the cupcakes are removed from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to release the cakes from the sides of the pan.
Now just remove each cupcake carefully, flipping it upside down before putting it on the plate.
These are best served warm!
To Make This Muffin Tin Recipe You Will Need:
- Muffin tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Nonstick cooking spray (THIS kind works great for these cakes)
Make Your Own Cake Mix
This recipe is one of our beloved cake mix recipes. I have a bad habit of always buying cake mix when I am at the store. But, that habit comes in handy when I have a craving for this delicious recipe.
However, if you happen to be out of cake mix, you might not be out of luck. Try and make your own cake mix with Simply Scratch’s homemade yellow cake mix recipe and then just measure out 15.25 oz to use for this recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Even More Delicious Fruity Dessert You Need to Give a Try!
- Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe
- Fresh Raspberry Yogurt Bundt Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars Recipe
- The Best Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake Recipe
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes Recipe
- 20 ounces sliced pineapple reserve juice
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 20 regular-size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray (I like Baker's Joy for baking like this).
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and reserved pineapple juice in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer (or you can beat quickly by hand) for about 2 minutes or until it's completely mixed together.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Cut each pineapple slice into four pieces.
- To assemble cupcakes, spoon a heaping teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the tin. Place a cherry in the center (rounded side down) and then place 2 pineapple slices on top. Measure out 1/4 cup of cake batter and pour on top of pineapple slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cupcakes to loosen them and remove from cupcake pan.
- Serve warm.
- You can also use a homemade cake mix for this recipe.
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews