Why is this called Pig Pickin’ Cake?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
Looking for more cake recipes?
Pineapple Orange Cake Recipe (Pig Pickin' Cake)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges 1 can, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple 1 can, undrained
- 3.5 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 1 package, (you could use sugar free if you want)
- 8 ounces reduced fat whipped topping 1 carton, (cool whip)
- sliced oranges or mandarin orange segments for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with sliced oranges.
- Large Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!