Girl Scout cookies are delivered every spring in Utah. We love their delicious thin mint cookies! We decided to give these No Bake Thin Mint Cookies a try. Oh my goodness!!! They are so easy to make and taste amazing. Now we can enjoy the delicious taste of girl scout cookies all year round! And the best part is that they are no bake.
Related recipe: Love all things thin mint? Try our Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies
No Bake Thin Mint Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 22 andes mints unwrapped
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (we used nabisco)
Mint Frosting Drizzle (Optional):
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ Tablespoon milk
- 3 drops green food coloring
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the milk chocolate chips and the semi sweet chocolate chips for about 1 minute. Stir and then return to microwave and heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the Andes mints and stir into the hot melted chocolate chips and stir in by hand until they are melted in and smooth.
- Then stir in the peppermint extract.
- Dip the cookies into the chocolate mixture and shake off the excess chocolate. ( I used a plastic fork with the middle tines removed. Perfect for letting the excess chocolate drip off.)
- Place on the waxed paper and let set up. You can refrigerate for quicker set up.
Mint Frosting (optional);
- Combine the very soft butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Then add in the milk, food coloring and peppermint extract. Mix until smooth. If it's too runny add more powdered sugar. If too thick add a little bit of milk.
- Put into a plastic bag and trim off the corner. Pipe over each cookie.
Quick and easy ingredients are all you need!