Sometimes I like things just plain and simple. One of my favorite treats is still the the classic Rice Krispies treats. They turn out delicious every time and even the kids can make them!
A simple recipe for the beginner cook, or someone new in the kitchen. This is one of the first recipes our mom would let us make all on our own.
We would often come home from school and whip up a batch of these Rice Krispies Treats. They are the perfect dessert when you need to make a treat with very little time.
You can even set them in the fridge for about 5 minutes and they’ll set up really fast. You can cut them into small pieces, or larger squares for big appetites.
Homemade Rice Krispies Treats taste so much better than store bought. Cut them into small squares and they are perfect for dipping in a chocolate fountain.
can you use different cereal in this recipe?
There is nothing better than good old Rice Krispies Cereal in this classic recipe. But you can certainly use other cereals and it makes for some fun cereal bars. Some other cereals that could work in this recipe are:
- Lucky Charms
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Rice Chex
- Golden Grahams
did you know…..
That Rice Krispies Treats were invented in 1939?
Two women named Malitta Jensen and Mildred Day from the Kellogg Company Home Economics Department came up with these tasty treats.
They were originally made as a fundraiser for the Camp Fire Girls organization.
how to make Rice Krispies Treats:
It’s amazing that 3 simple ingredients, and very little effort can make such a famous dessert that has been around for decades.
- In a large pan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- After they are melted and stirred together, remove from heat.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and stir until all are well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or fingers, press the cereal mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Let them cool slightly and then cut into squares and serve. SO easy!
helpful items used in this recipe
- 4 Quart Pan – This pan is useful for so many recipes and comes with a shatter resistant glass lid.
- 9 x 13 inch pan – Our favorite pan that can be used for so many recipes from casseroles to cake.
- Spatulas – 4 pack of heat resistant silicone spatulas.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more of our favorite no bake desserts
You’ll love these easy no bake dessert for your family or a party.
- No Bake Scotcheroo Bars
- Lucky Cereal Bars
- No Bake Pretzel Caramel Clusters
- No Bake Eclair Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
How to Make Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into a 9x13-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Let them cool about an hour then cut them into 2-inch squares.
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make No Bake S’mores Bars