Air Fryer Chicken Tenders is an easy air fryer recipe that you can make in minutes.
You no longer need to wait for the oven to preheat to get that crispy breading that we all love.
Air fryer chicken is healthier than cooking them in the traditional fryer, yet, you do not have to pass up having an extremely juicy chicken tender.
You can eat this Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipe just as the tenders or make it into a chicken wrap or chopped up on your favorite salad.
Since my kids love chicken tenders this is such an easy meal to put together for them and then alter for the rest of us.
If you want to eat the chicken tenders themselves, try them with our Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Parmesan Ranch Corn, and some tasty yet easy Buttermilk Biscuits.
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
- Chicken tenders
- Italian bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dipping sauce (ranch or BBQ sauce are favorites of ours)
How To Make Our Instant Pot Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
Begin by sprinkling the raw chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
Then, in a small mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and water and set it aside.
In another medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix it all together.
Make a type of assembly line with chicken tenders, then the egg mixture, and lastly the bread crumb mix.
Dip each chicken tender individually in the eggs, then bread crumbs.
Make sure to cover the tender completely in the bread crumbs and then move it to the air fryer basket.
Make 4-6 chicken tenders at a time in the air fryer basket.
Once you have 4-6 in the basket, move the basket to the inner pot of the Instant Pot, then put the air fryer lid on top and set the temperature to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes is up, take the lid off and flip the chicken tenders. Then place the lid back on and cook them for another 5 minutes at 400 or until the chicken is fully cooked through and is golden brown.
Continue these steps until all of the chicken tenders are done.
Then, just serve with your favorite sides and dipping sauce.
To Make This Air Fryer Chicken Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot with an Air Fryer component (THIS is a great one)
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
Make Your Own Breadcrumbs
Have you ever made your own bread crumbs? I’ve been curious if it is difficult, and it turns out it’s not! Plus, you can use your bread that you didn’t get to use before it went bad!
To make your own, take a look at how to make homemade plain and Italian breadcrumbs from FIVEheartHOME. They have a wonderful recipe that is easy to follow to make your own breadcrumbs.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Great Chicken Dinner Recipes To Try This Week!
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer Recipe
- Brown Sugar Bacon Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Honey Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 12 Chicken Tenders about 1¼ pounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Favorite dipping sauce (we love BBQ sauce)
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs and water.
- In another medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, making sure to shake off any excess mixture.
- Place a couple of chicken tenders in the air fryer basket. Put the basket into the inner pot, place the air fryer lid on top. Set the temperature to 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Take off the lid, flip each tender over, and cook for another 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and is golden on the outside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken tenders, you may need to cook them a minute or two longer until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Dipping sauce is not included in nutritional calculation.
- Instant Pot with an Air Fryer component
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews