low and slow:
When cooking your pork roast, it is important to remember that they cook quicker than most other meats. Pork can also be a little more dry, although most roasts are a little more tender.
It’s important to carefully watch them as you cook them, to ensure they are not overcooking and drying. Here are some cooking tips for pork chops:
- Cook them on low, for a longer amount of time. This will help the juices soak into the meat, and not cook out quickly. It will also help avoid the meat from cooking fast on the outside, but not on the inside, leaving you with burnt pork.
- Let your pork chops marinade for a while, and even make a little extra sauce to put on the side, to baste them as they cook. In the slow cooker, they are pretty much marinading the entire time they cook, but it doesn’t hurt to spoon some juices on top every now and then.
- Don’t cut into the pork as it is cooking. If you do, make a small incision in the very center to ensure that the meat is done cooking, or a thermometer to see that it has reached the temperature of 145 degrees.
- You also don’t want to open the slow cooker lid if you don’t have to. It’s best to keep all that sweet meat moisture in the slow cooker, for a nice tender pork.
watch how to make another delicious pork recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Tacos are so simple and delicious. They come together quickly and
looking for more pork recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
HERB-CRUSTED PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE
- 1 (2 lb) Pork Loin Roast
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place pork loin in a roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- With your fingers, massage the mixture into the pork loin covering all the meat and fat then place in pan.
- Roast the pork for about 15-20 minutes at 475 degrees F, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Turn the roast over and roast for an additional 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Cut into slices and serve.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!